The Hospital Mediterráneo is a private hospital facility located in Almería and provides a wide range of specialised medical treatments.
Since 1993 the Mediterráneo has been delivering a high quality and comprehensive health care service, which is individually tailored to meet every patient's personal requirements.
The hospital not only boasts a large team of experienced and highly trained medical personnel, but also offers some of the best and most cutting-edge medical equipment and facilities available anywhere in the country.
Staff on all levels are totally committed to maintaining the highest level of patient care and improvement on both personal and professional levels.
The Hospital Mediterráneo is currently owned and operated by the insurance group ASISA / Lavinia.
- Six floors
- Total surface area of 8,575 sqm
- 86 rooms with private bathroom and guest bed.
- Five general operating rooms
- Delivery room with 24 hour midwife service
- Hospital pharmacy
- Translators: English, German, French and Dutch
- Chapel (1st Floor)
- 24 hour emergency service
- Public telephones (Main lobby)
- ATM (Main lobby)
- Hairdressing service
- Wifi Internet
- Maternal preparation courses
- Imaging including CT, MRI, Ultrasound, Mammography and Bone Densitometry
- Clinical laboratory, microbiology, hematology, immunology, toxicology, genetics and molecular biology with continued assistance 24 hours.
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery
- Assisted Reproduction
- Bariatric Surgery
- Clinical Analysis
- General and Digestive Surgery
- Digestive apparatus
- Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- General Medicine
- Hematology and Hemoterapia
- Intensive Care Medicine
- Maxillofacial Surgery
- Medical Rehabilitador
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Surgery
- Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery
- Assisted Reproduction Unit
- Digestive Endoscopy Unit
- Early Care Unit
- Hemodynamics Unit
- Pain Treatment Unit
- Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Unit
- Traffic Accident Unit
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery Units
Patient and Visitor Information
There are no limitations on patient visitor numbers, but please note that only one visitor is allowed after 10pm. Visitors may also be asked to leave the room by medical staff when a consultation is required.
Patients need to inform the staff if they are allergic to any medicines and are also required to inform a member of staff before taking any medicine.
If you have any metal implants for example pacemakers or prosthetics and are having any special examinations, please inform the staff.
If you are having any form of surgery, please make sure you remove any personal items such as watches and jewellery and also remove other items such as lenses and dentures. Nail polish must also not be worn.
Translators are available and can speak English, French, German and Dutch.
Smoking is not prohibited inside the hospital buildings.
It is not advisable to bring any valuables during your stay as the hospital cannot be held responsible for their loss.
Admission to any of the departments is via the ADMISSION service, which is located on the main floor. Please remember to bring the following documents with you:
- Optional referral document for scheduled income
- Authorization of income from your Mutual Insurance Company
The admission service is open from Monday to Sunday from 08:00 to 22:00
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 22:00 - Weekends and Holidays 08:00 to 15:00
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 22:00 - Saturday 08:00 to 11:00 am
Monday to Friday 08:00 to 22:00
Main Door Access:
07:00 to 22:30 (Rear emergency access outside of hours)
Monday to Friday from 08:00 to 22:00
Weekends and holidays from 08:30 to 22:00
Lunches are served from 13:30 to 16:00
Dinner is served from 19:00 to 21:30 until 22:00 snacks and tapas are served cold.
Address and Contacts
C/ Nueva Musa nº 8
Tel: 950 621 063
Emergencies: 950 621 631
Appointments: 950 621 628
Radiology 950 621 063 (ext 464.)
The hospital is accessible via public bus on routes 11, 12 and 18. (Parada en Avda. Cabo de Gata)