The Hospital Quirónsalud Murcia (formerly Hospital San Carlos) is a part of the Quirónsalud Hospital Network which boasts 21 general hospitals here in Spain.
The Quirónsalud group was founded in the 1950s, opening their first clinic in the city of Zaragoza. Since then, the group has expanded rapidly throughout the country offering healthcare facilities in all of the major cities and regions including Madrid, Andalusia, Valencia, Balearics, Catalonia, Galicia and Aragon.
The Quirónsalud is a specialist surgical and maternity facility, but also excels in a wide range of medical procedures including Orthopedics, Gynecology, Cardiology, Plastic Surgery and Vascular Surgery.
The hospital prides itself on what it refers to as their 'three pillars' of excellence. These are
- Offering the most advanced technology
- Working with highly experienced and professional medical staff
- Concentration of all their efforts on patient satisfaction
The Quirónsalud Murcia was recently voted in the top 20 for patient safety and has been certified by AENOR as ISO 9001 and ISO 14001 for their efforts in environmental sustainability.
- 12,000 sqm total area
- 126 beds (12 Intensive Care Unit)
- 7 operating theaters
- 4 Neonatal incubators
- Adult and pediatric emergency
- Clinical laboratory
- Pathology laboratory
- Interventional radiology room
- 20 Outpatients
- 130 private parking spaces
- Center for Assisted Reproduction in Murcia
- Advanced Laparoscopic Surgery
- Angiology and Vascular Surgery
- Autoimmune Diseases
- Clinical Analysis
- Complementary Medicine
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Digestive Endoscopy
- Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Foot Surgery
- General and Digestive Surgery
- General Medicine
- Gynecology and Obstetrics
- Gynecologic Oncology
- Hematology and Hemoterapia
- Hematologic Oncology
- Hip Surgery
- Infectious Diseases
- Intensive Medicine and Intensive Care Unit (ICU)
- Knee Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Emergency
- Pediatric Orthopaedic Surgery
- Pediatric Urology
- Pediatric Psychology
- Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery
- Rehabilitation and Physiotherapy
- Surgery for Parkinson's and Movement Disorders
- Shoulder Surgery
- Sports Medicine
- Thoracic Surgery
- Trauma Surgery of the Hand
- Urodynamics and urination disorders
- Obesity Unit
- Breast Unit
- Traffic Unit
- Sleep Disorders Unit
- Pain Unit
- Emergency Unit
- Intensive Care Unit
Patient and Visitor Information
There are no restrictions on visitor numbers and the times of day that you may visit. However, there may be limitations due to clinical reasons or when treatment is required.
One friend or family member is also permitted to stay in the patients room overnight if required. Visitors under the age of 12 years are not recommended by the hospital.
As the majority of medical and nursing activities are undertaken in the morning so it is recommended to try to visit in the afternoon where possible.
There are approximately 130 parking spaces on site.
Address and Contacts
Calle Miguel Hernández, 12.
Tel. 968 365 000
Fax: 968 250 977
How To Get There
Buses: C1, C2 and Rayo 80.
Taxi: Stop by the hospital, at Miguel Hernández.
Parking: Public Carmen Conde street, 50 meters from the entrance of the center.
Rail: 5 minutes from the Virgen del Carmen resort.