The Hospital Jerez Puerta del Sur was first opened in 2000 and is situated in the town of Jerez de la Frontera, Cadiz making it easily accessible due to its central location.
The hospital is staffed by a dedicated team of 120 medical professionals and specialists who provide the highest quality of private healthcare in the region. In fact, in 2012, the hospital was awarded the Certificate of Advanced Quality by the Andalusian Agency for Health Quality.
The Puerta del Sur is committed to ongoing technological development, which is evident in their acquisition and implementation of cutting-edge medical equipment, as well as the use of information systems and the general computerisation of the hospital.
Please note that admissions are available from 08:00 to 22:00 and can be carried out at the admissions area in the main lobby.
You will need to present your DNI/NIE as well as any referral documentation from your insurance company and doctor when registering.
Meal times at the hospital are at the following times
- Breakfast: 09:00
- Lunch: 13:30
- Snack: 17:30
- Dinner: 20:30
There are no limitations to visiting hours, although after 22:00 it is requested that only one visitor is present per patient.
You will need to notify a member of staff if you have any allergies towards any forms of medication. Please also leave any valuables at home as the hospital will not be liable for any loss or damage.
Please notify the admissions desk in the main lobby when you are leaving so that any outstanding paperwork can be completed.
There is also an ATM machine and free Wi-Fi within the hospital.
Hospital Facilities and Services
- 88 Rooms with bathroom and guest bed
- Intensive Care Unit
- 5 Operating rooms
- 24 Hour midwives
- 2 Delivery rooms
- 2 Labor rooms
- 2 Outpatient surgery theatres
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Ophthalmology center
- Physiotherapy and Rehabilitation Unit
- IVF Laboratory
- Anesthesia and Resuscitation
- Angiology and Vascular surgery
- Digestive system
- Emergency Room
- General Practice
- General surgery and Digestive system
- Hematology and Hemotherapy
- Internal Medicine
- Maxillofacial surgery
- Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Pathological Anatomy
- Pediatric surgery
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- Traumatology and Orthopedic surgery
- Allergy Unit
- Andrology Unit
- Assisted Reproductive Center
- Breast Unit
- Cataract, Cornea and Refractive Surgery Unit
- Child and Youth Mental Health Unit
- Colon cancer prevention Unit
- Day Hospital
- ENT and Audiology Unit
- Endoscopy Unit
- Glaucoma Unit
- Health check-ups Unit
- Hemodynamics Unit
- Hepatology Unit and treatment for chronic viral hepatitis
- Hospital Pharmacy
- Interventional Radiology Unit
- Nutrition and Dietary Unit
- Obesity Unit
- Oculoplastic, Lacrimal ducts and Cosmetic Eye Surgery Unit
- Paediatric Allergy Unit
- Pain management Unit
- Pediatric Ophthalmology and Strabismus Unit
- Pelvic Floor Unit
- Prostate Green light Laser Surgery Unit
- Retina and Vitreous Unit
- Traffic Unit
Address and Contacts
Hospital Jerez Puerta del Sur
Avd. Puerta del Sur, s/n
11408, Jerez de la Frontera
Tel: +34 956 357 100
How to Get There
The hospital can be reached via local bus route 13. There are two bus stops, one at the main entrance at Avenida Puerta del Sur and the other at the emergency entrance, calle Arquitecto Hernández Rubio.