Specially designed for expatriates living in Spain for all or part of the year, this tailored health scheme provides comprehensive cover for Spain and another European country of your choice, giving you the reassurance of seamless health insurance all year round.
The Complete plan gives the same unlimited cover as the classic plan whilst you use our network of doctors and hospitals and you pay nothing towards the costs. It then gives you €500,000 to spend outside the Network in Spain and your second European country, for which it becomes a 90% reimbursement policy.
There is no time limit on the duration spent in either country insured.
This policy also includes €10,000 of Worldwide Travel Insurance via Europ Assistance.
Great value for money – from only €71.73* per month
Your health is our priority
Network module: Choose from over 27,200 doctors and 517 Sanitas medical centres in Spain. The Complete plan will take care of your medical bills 100% when you use the Sanitas network.
Reimbursement module: Use the doctor or hospital of your choice, either here in Spain or in any *2nd European country of your choice...It really is that easy. BUPA UK gives you 100% reimbursement of medical costs. Use any doctor of your choice outside the network and you will be reimbursed for 90% of all medical bills.
Medical assistance in the USA via United Health Care, using their network of hospitals and doctors and with 100% of medical costs covered (when authorised by Sanitas)
A member helpline in many languages including English.
Travel with Peace of Mind
Foreign travel medical assistance up to a limit of €10,000 per person, per claim.
Your own online account including full policy documentation and a medical guide which details the languages spoken by our doctors and specialists within the Sanitas network. Access your information at a glance when and where you need it. Order new cards if you lose or have them stolen.
For illnesses such as breast cancer, preventing heart attacks and colon cancer.
Help for fathers-to-be
Preparation for child birth, schooling for fathers and the Mother & Baby programme.
No extra costs will be added to your premium.
You choose either the network module or the reimbursement module.
What is covered?
- General Medicine: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing Service, Emergency Service.
- Access: Access to special medical services without having to wait: Paediatric Surgery, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Dermatology, General Surgery and Digestive System Surgery.
- Access to the best medical centres in Europe: Medical cover and attention in the hospital of your choice.
- Diagnostic Tests and Therapies: Clinical analysis, Human Pathology, Aerosoltherapy, Ventilotherapy, Chemotherapy etc.
- Second Medical Opinion: The most prestigious international professionals are within reach when you are suffering from a serious illness such as cancer.
- Sanitas 24 hours: a client telephone and support line, manned by professional doctors, 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- Emergency medical assistance when travelling abroad: In collaboration with Europ Assistance, up to a maximum of €10,000 per person, per claim.
- Clinical Excellence and choice: Comprehensive assistance from our own medical centres, highly equipped with state of the art technology, such as Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela, Hospital Sanitas La Moraleja and the Millennium Centres. In the Sanitas Centres you will receive specialised, personalised treatment.
- Bi-lingual telephone service: where you can receive help and advice in English or in Spanish in relation to your Sanitas Health Policy.
- Documentation in English and Spanish: things like the General Terms & Conditions and the Special Terms & Conditions.
- We speak your language: Special network of doctors speaking English, German and Spanish.
- Basic Dental Cover: including checkups, x-rays, fillings, fissure sealing, apicoectomies, occlusal anaylsis, re-adhesion of prosthetic teeth, removal of cysts, abscess drainage, fluoridisation, extractions and yearly teeth cleaning. All other services carry a 40% discount to market price.
- Preferential treatment in our medical centres: from the Sanitas Network of Doctors Booklet you can easily find the hospitals and medical centres where you will receive preferential treatment, exclusively for Sanitas members.
- Medical Service Authorisation: It is not necessary to have prior authorisation from Sanitas for the majority of services provided by Sanitas.
- Dental Supplement Discount: You can complement your policy with full dental cover and receive treatment for Endodontics, Prosthesis, Orthodontcs, Paediatric Dentistry, Cosmetic Dentistry and lots more.
- Health Services: You can have access to services such as laser excimer, aesthetic solutions, assisted reproduction and medical check-ups at very beneficial rates. For information, call (+34) 952 835 600 or (+34) 952 834 456.
- General Medicine, Specialised Medicine, Diagnostic Tests and Surgery.
- Primary Health Care: General Medicine, Paediatrics, Nursing Service and Emergencies.
- Access to all specialties: Orthopaedic surgery, Ophthalmology, Obstetrics, Gynaecology, Dermatology, General Surgery and Digestive System Surgery.
- Diagnostic and Therapeutic Tests: Clinical Analysis, Human Pathology, Aerosol Therapy, Ventilotherapy and Chemotherapy.
- Hospitalisation A huge choice of medical centres and hospitals, all of which are equipped with state-of-the-art technology, like the La Zarzuela hospital, La Moraleja Hospital and our new Milenium Centres. These offer both clinical excellence and specialised and personalised treatment.
- Second medical opinion: when suffering from a serious illness such as cancer, your diagnosis will be sent for a second opinion from top professionals.
- ORL Laser Treatment: A more precise form of surgery which results in a faster recovery time for the patient.
- Monofocal intraocular lenses: this treatment is available for cataract surgery (only available if the treatment has been prescribed by a specialist within the Sanitas network of doctors).
- Allergies / immune system
- Human Pathology
- Anaesthesia and Resuscitation
- Cardiac Surgery
- Gastric Surgery
- Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- Paediatric surgery
- Reconstructive and Plastic Surgery
- Thoracic Surgery
- Diagnostic Imaging
- Care of the Elderly
- Internal Medicine
- Nuclear Medicine/Radioactive Isotopic Medicine
- New Born Pathology
- Obstetrics (Midwifery)
- Ear, Nose and Throat Medicine
- Colorectal Surgery
- Trauma/Orthopaedic Surgery
- Intensive Care (ITU)
- Aerosol therapies and ventilotherapy
- Kidney dialysis
- Lithotrity of the bladder
- Speech therapy
- Oxygen therapy
- Treatment for pain
- Home visits
Yes. The Complete plan will cover you in another European country of your choice on a 90% reimbursement basis. If your second country of choice is the United Kingdom and you utilise the services of BUPA then the reimbursement level goes up to 100%.
No. There are no co-payments with the Complete plan.
Pre-existing conditions relate to previous pathologies prior to the date of you contracting the Complete plan. If you have declared any pre-existing medical conditions on your application for the Complete plan one of our English speaking doctors will call you. From there a confidential personal assessment will be made, which will guarantee the fairest and most comprehensive assessment of your health.
Yes. The Complete plan covers antenatal care and childbirth (including caesarian sections) within the Sanitas network. If you wish to undertake your antenatal care and childbirth outside of the Sanitas network within Spain there is a limit of €5,000. It will NOT cover you outside Spain or outside of the 2nd European country that you designated as your second country of cover when you contract/contracted the policy. Waiting periods apply.
Within the Complete plan there are a few dental services including things like: Cleaning once a year, Consultations, X- rays and extractions. If you need more comprehensive dental cover then see whats covered with our full dental plans here
Yes. The waiting periods for the Complete plan are detailed below:
All vital emergencies
High tech diagnostic tests
Other therapeutic methods
Sterilisation / Vasectomy
Hospitalisation (incl. childbirth)
Hospitalisation with surgery
You can apply for the Complete plan up to the age of 75. There is no upper age limit for maintaining your cover.
If you decide to pay in 6 month or yearly installments then the following discounts apply:
*Prices vary depending on age and location. Terms and conditions apply.