Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela is a privately owned hospital and medical facility, which first opened its doors to the public in 1986. Since then it has been presented with many awards and accolades within the medical industry and received the EFQM European Seal of Excellence 500+ for its quality of management and recognition of the company's corporate strategy for health and social care.
The hospital has been consistently ranked in the Top 20 out of 143 other private hospitals in the country, which is no doubt due to both to cutting-edge and innovative technology and also the high standard of medical care and expertise on offer.
The La Zarzuela occupies a total of eight separate buildings and has a dedicated team of prestigious medical experts specialising in no less than 50 medical specialities.
The hospital is used exclusively for Sanitas customers and is considered by many to be the benchmark in private healthcare in Spain. It also happens to be one of Sanitas' flagship hospitals in Spain.
There are many facilities and services on offer at the hospital to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Guests may stay in the room with the patient and have their own guest bed, which can be changed daily by the cleaning staff. Meals are also available for the guests and are generally priced as per the hospital restaurant.
There is also a restaurant and cafeteria also available on site (See below for opening times), gift shop and parking for over 300 vehicles.
Patients and guests may also use the hairdressing service. Details can be provided by the staff during your stay.
The hospital has a range of new suites which offer an array of extended services including television, electrically adjusted beds, sofa bed, safe, en-suite bathroom, iPad with internet connection, telephone, in-room coffee making facilities and daily newspapers.
Hospital Facilities and Services
- 88 Inpatient beds
- 12 Intensive care beds
- 7 Paediatric intensive care beds
- 10 Neonatal beds
- 8 Operating theatres
- 3 Delivery rooms
- 10 Emergency examination rooms
- 10 Observation rooms
- 18 Outpatient facility beds
- 306 Car parking spaces
- Cafeteria (Open from 8:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Restaurant (Open from 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m. and 8:30 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.)
- Hospital chapel
- Gift shop
- Hairdressing service
- Endoscopy Unit
- Shockwave Unit
- Pelvic Floor Unit
- Cancer Care Unit
- Family Cancer Unit
- Medical and Surgical Management Unit
- Breastfeeding Unit
- Comprehensive Breast Unit
- Gynaecological Oncology Unit
- Morbid Obesity Unit
- Paediatric Ophthalmology Unit
- Humanised Birth Unit
- Intensive Paediatric Care Unit
- High Obstetric Risk Unit
- Genetics Diagnostic Unit
- Adult cardiac surgery (Dr. J.E. Rodríguez Fernández)
- Allergology (Dr. G. Sosa Díaz-Saavedra)
- Anatomical Pathology (Dr. E. Sanz Ortega)
- Anaesthesia (Dr. E. Alba Maderuelo)
- Cardiology (Dr. E. Asín Cardiel)
- Clinical Analysis (Dra. Teresa Montoya)
- Dermatology (Dr. P. Lázaro Ochaita)
- Emergencies (Dr. V. Arribas de Paz)
- Endocrinology (Dra. M. Mielgo Carrizo)
- ENT (Dr. G. Plaza Mayor)
- General and Digestive Tract Surgery (Dr P. Anchústegui Melgarejo)
- Genetics (Dr. L. Izquierdo López)
- Green Laser Urology (Dr. S. Giménez Artieda, Dr. A. Hernández Villaverde)
- Gynaecology and Obstetrics (Dr. I. Cristóbal García)
- Haematology (Dr. M. Herrero Coderch)
- Intensive Care Unit (Dr. R. Portillo)
- Internal Medicine (Dr. J. Feijoo Casero)
- Maxillofacial Surgery (Dr. L. Zavala)
- Neurosurgery (Dr. J. M. Cañizal García)
- Neurology and Neurophysiology (Dr. B. Anciones Rodríguez)
- Neuroradiology (Dr. L. López-Ibor Aliño)
- Ophthalmology (Dr. M. A. Zato Liaño)
- Oncology (Dr. P. Salinas)
- Orthopaedic and Traumatology Surgery (Dr. J. Palacios Cabezas, Dr. G. Sierra Arredondo)
- Paediatrics (Dra. Arias Novas)
- Paediatric Cardiac Surgery (Dr. Rubén Greco Martínez)
- Paediatric Cardiology (Dr. F. Gutiérrez – Larraya Aguado)
- Paediatric Surgery (Dr I. Cano Novillo)
- Pain Unit (Dr. R. González Durán, Dr. I. Moncada Iribarren)
- Plastic, Aesthetic and Reconstructive Surgery (Dr. A. Juárez Cordero)
- Psychiatry (Dr. C. Colón Zamora)
- Psychology (Dra. M. Campos Ruano, Dra. S. Bajat Pacios)
- Pulmonology (Dra. G. Díaz Nuevo)
- Rehabilitation (Dra. Ana L. López Morón)
- Rheumatology (Dra. C. Fernández Espartero)
- Thoracic Surgery (Dr. P. Díaz Agero)
- Vascular Surgery (Dr. G. España Caparrós)
- X-ray (Dr. I. Acitores Suz)
Address and Contacts
Hospital Sanitas La Zarzuela
Calle de Pleyades, 25
Main Reception - Tel: +34 91 585 80 00
Appointments and Information - Tel: + 34 902 102 400
How to Get There
The hospital is situated just off of the A-6 road, Ctra de La Coruña, junction Km 10.
You can also reach the hospital via public transport bus routes at the following locations.
Intercity buses from the Moncloa Interchange: 656, 656A. Bus stand 36.
EMT buses from Aravaca railway station: Lines 160 and 161.
EMT buses from Moncloa: Lines 160 and 161.